Hey! You are looking for the meaning of the word ABORTIVE in English. You must have heard this word but do you know Abortive synonyms and antonyms, definition, and meaning? So let us tell you the definition of Abortive in this post, along with Abortive meaning in English, Synonyms & Antonyms, and Examples.
Let’s explore some exciting information about ABORTIVE.
Meaning & Definition of Abortive :
Meaning of ABORTIVE: “Abortive” (adjective) describes something unsuccessful, incomplete, or unable to achieve its intended purpose. It refers to an action, attempt, or effort that is cut short or terminated prematurely, resulting in a lack of desired outcome or success.
Synonyms of Abortive in English
Now let’s know about the ABORTIVE synonyms:
Antonyms of Abortive in English
Now let’s know the ABORTIVE antonyms :
Examples of ABORTIVE In A Sentence :
Here are 20 example sentences using the word Abortive:
- The company’s attempts to expand into new markets proved abortive.
- Despite his best efforts, his attempts to fix the broken car were unsuccessful.
- The team’s abortive strategy led to a disappointing defeat in the game.
- The project’s abortive launch resulted in wasted resources and time.
- Her abortive attempts at painting left her feeling discouraged.
- The negotiations ended in an abortive agreement that satisfied neither party.
- The experiment yielded abortive results, failing to provide any conclusive data.
- Their abortive plan to start a business together fell apart due to conflicting ideas.
- The corporation‘s abortive fundraising campaign did not meet its targets.
- The artist felt frustrated by the abortive outcome of his latest artwork.
- The political party’s abortive attempt to pass a controversial bill faced significant opposition.
- The entrepreneur’s abortive venture left him with substantial financial losses.
- Despite an abortive start, the team managed to turn the game around and secure a victory.
- The scientist’s abortive hypothesis was disproven by subsequent research.
- The company’s abortive merger negotiations led to a breakdown in the partnership.
- His abortive efforts to repair the leaky faucet only made the situation worse.
- The musician’s abortive performance received negative reviews from critics.
- The author’s abortive novel was rejected by multiple publishers.
- The student’s abortive attempts at solving the math problem left him frustrated.
- The company’s abortive marketing campaign failed to attract new customers.
These sentences demonstrate the use of the word “abortive” in different contexts to illustrate its meaning.
In conclusion, abortive is an adjective that describes something as being unsuccessful, failed, or ineffective. It signifies an attempt or action that does not achieve the desired outcome or is prematurely terminated. The word can be applied to various situations, such as failed projects, unsuccessful, or fruitless efforts. It implies a sense of disappointment, frustration, or futility in the context of the subject at hand. It is important to note that “abortive” should not be confused with its antonyms, which represent successful or productive outcomes.
Today you have explored the ABORTIVE definition & meaning. We hope that you liked this ABORTIVE synonyms, antonyms, and example sentences in this dictionary website
Our website (English Dictionary Browser) provides meanings, synonyms, antonyms, and examples of commonly used words. It serves as a resource to expand vocabulary, improve understanding, and enhance language skills.
Dictionary Browser website helps users explore alternative words, discover related terms, and grasp the nuances of language usage. They enable individuals to communicate effectively and express themselves with greater precision and clarity.
Share this information in social media and groups so that more people can also take advantage of this informative resource because sharing is caring.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQ) regarding terms and meanings related to “abortive”:
Q: What does Abortive mean?
A: Abortive is an adjective that describes something as unsuccessful, failed, or ineffective. It refers to an attempt or action that does not achieve the desired outcome or is prematurely terminated.
Q: What are some synonyms for Abortive?
A: Some synonyms for Abortive include unsuccessful, failed, fruitless, ineffective, unproductive, vain, futile, unavailing, impotent, unfinished, and stalled.
Q: What are some antonyms for Abortive?
A: Antonyms for Abortive include successful, productive, effective, fruitful, accomplished, completed, fulfilling, profitable, satisfactory, achieved, realized, fulfilled, flourishing, thriving, and prosperous.
Q: Can Abortive be used to describe a project or endeavor?
A: Yes, Abortive can be used to describe a project, endeavor, or any undertaking that fails to achieve the intended goals or is unsuccessful in its execution.
Q: Is Abortive synonymous with “abortion”?
A: No, Abortive and “abortion” have distinct meanings. Abortive refers to an unsuccessful or failed attempt, while “abortion” typically refers to the deliberate termination of a pregnancy.
Q: Can Abortive be used to describe a person?
A: While Abortive is primarily used to describe actions, attempts, or outcomes, it is less commonly used to describe a person directly. It is more appropriate to describe a person’s actions or endeavors as abortive.
Q: How can Abortive be used in a sentence?
A: Here’s an example sentence: “Despite their extensive preparations, their efforts to secure funding for the project were abortive.”
Q: Are there any related terms or phrases to Abortive?
A: Related terms or phrases to Abortive include “unsuccessful,” “failed attempt,” “futile endeavor,” “fruitless effort,” “unproductive outcome,” and “vain pursuit.”
These FAQs provide an overview of common questions related to the meaning and usage of Abortive and associated terms.