Hey! You are looking for the meaning of the word ABRUPT in English. You must have heard this word but do you know ABRUPT synonyms and antonyms, Abrupt definition, and meaning? So let us tell you the definition of Abrupt in this post, along with Abrupt meaning in English, Synonyms & Antonyms, and Examples.
Let’s explore some interesting information about Abrupt.
Meaning & Definition of Abrupt
Definition of ABRUPT: The word “abrupt” describes something that is sudden, unexpected, or characterized by an immediate and significant change.
It suggests a lack of smoothness, continuity, or gradual transition. “Abrupt” can refer to a quick or sharp shift in behavior, action, speech, or appearance.
Synonyms of ABRUPT in English
Now let’s know about the ABRUPT synonyms:
Antonyms of ABRUPT in English
Now let’s know the ABRUPT antonyms :
Examples Of ABRUPT In A Sentence :
- The meeting came to an abrupt end when the fire alarm went off.
- He spoke in an abrupt manner, leaving everyone surprised.
- The abrupt change in weather caught us off guard.
- The car came to an abrupt halt to avoid hitting the pedestrian.
- Her abrupt departure left us all wondering what had happened.
- The movie had an abrupt ending that left the audience confused.
- The teacher’s abrupt announcement disrupted the class.
- The company’s abrupt closure left many employees jobless.
- The abrupt shift in tone created a sense of unease in the conversation.
- His abrupt decision to quit his job shocked his colleagues.
- The abrupt turn in the road caused the driver to lose control of the vehicle.
- The abrupt arrival of the guests interrupted our dinner.
- The professor’s abrupt dismissal of the student’s question was disappointing.
- The abrupt onset of the illness left him bedridden for weeks.
- The abrupt stop of the elevator caused everyone to stumble forward.
- The abrupt silence in the room indicated that something was wrong.
- The abrupt change in policy caused confusion among the employees.
- The play’s abrupt plot twist left the audience in awe.
- His abrupt mannerisms often rubbed people the wrong way.
- The abrupt decline in sales forced the company to make drastic changes.
In conclusion, abrupt refers to something that is sudden, unexpected, or characterized by an immediate and often sharp change. It can describe actions, events, behaviors, or transitions that occur swiftly and without warning.
Today you have explored the ABRUPT definition & meaning. We hope that you liked this ABRUPT synonyms, antonyms and example sentences in this dictionary website.
Our website (English Dictionary Browser) provides meanings, synonyms, antonyms, and examples of commonly used words. It serves as a resource to expand vocabulary, improve understanding, and enhance language skills.
Dictionary Browser website helps users explore alternative words, discover related terms, and grasp the nuances of language usage. They enable individuals to communicate effectively and express themselves with greater precision and clarity.
Understanding the nuances of abruptness can help navigate unexpected circumstances and adjust accordingly. Do share this information in social media and groups so that more people can also take advantage of this informative resource because sharing is caring.