Consider word Synonyms & Antonyms, Meaning, Definition, and Example Sentence: This article will explore Consider synonyms and antonyms as well as consider meaning with some example sentences.
By looking up its synonyms and antonyms, you may improve your vocabulary and communicate opposing viewpoints clearly.
When seeking synonyms for “consider,” you have a range of options to choose from. These alternative words can help you express the act of thinking about, contemplating, or taking into account various factors.
Let’s explore some popular synonyms of consider word:
- Contemplate: This synonym conveys the idea of thinking about or reflecting upon something deeply.
- Ponder: By using this synonym, you express the act of thinking about or considering something carefully.
- Reflect: This word suggests the process of thinking or meditating on something to gain insight or understanding.
- Mull over: By employing this synonym, you imply the act of thinking about or considering something at length.
- Deliberate: This term suggests carefully considering different aspects or options before making a decision.
- Examine: By using this synonym, you indicate the act of closely inspecting or analyzing something in detail.
- Assess: This word implies the act of evaluating or considering the value, importance, or quality of something.
- Weigh: By employing this synonym, you convey the act of carefully considering or evaluating different factors or options.
- Evaluate: This term suggests the act of judging or assessing something based on specific criteria or standards.
- Take into account: By using this synonym, you emphasize the idea of considering or including specific factors or information.
Antonyms of Consider provide words with opposite meanings that can help you express contrasting ideas.
Let’s explore some common antonyms for consider word:
- Disregard: This antonym suggests ignoring or paying no attention to something.
- Ignore: By using this antonym, you indicate the act of intentionally not considering or giving attention to something.
- Neglect: This word implies the act of failing to consider or pay attention to something that deserves consideration.
- Overlook: By employing this antonym, you convey the idea of not noticing or considering something, usually unintentionally.
- Dismiss: This term suggests the act of disregarding or rejecting something without considering it seriously.
- Forget: By using this antonym, you indicate the act of not remembering or considering something.
- Reject: This word implies the act of refusing to consider or accept something.
- Negate: By employing this antonym, you convey the idea of denying or refuting something, usually without considering it.
- Exclude: This term suggests the act of deliberately leaving something out or not considering it as part of a particular process or decision.
- Preclude: By using this antonym, you indicate the act of preventing or ruling out the consideration of something.
Meaning and Definition of Consider
The verb Consider means the act of considering, thinking about, or taking into consideration numerous factors before making a choice or creating an opinion.
It involves giving careful thought, attention, or regard to something. Considerations often imply an open-minded approach to evaluating different perspectives, options, or possibilities. It encompasses the process of reflecting, analyzing, and weighing various factors in order to reach a conclusion or make an informed judgment.
10 Examples of Word Consider In A Sentence
To provide a better understanding of how to use Consider in context, example sentences using the word Consider in English:
- Before making a final decision, we need to consider all the available options and their potential consequences.
- Before accepting the job offer, she took the time to consider the company’s culture and growth opportunities.
- As a responsible pet owner, you must consider your companion’s requirements and well-being.
- Before purchasing a new car, consider variables such as fuel efficiency, dependability, and maintenance expenses.
- Consider both short-term and long-term implications when making a decision.
- It is critical to assess (consider) market demand, competition, and potential dangers before embarking on a new business initiative.
- In a democratic society, lawmakers must take into account (consider) the different demands and opinions of their people.
- It is critical to consider user experience and accessibility for all types of users while developing a website.
- Before making a major purchase, it’s advisable to consider customer reviews and product ratings.
- Planning an event requires considering venue capacity, logistics, and attendee preferences.
Also, explore these meanings:
In conclusion, Consider is a versatile verb that encompasses the act of thinking about, contemplating, or taking into account various factors. By exploring consider synonyms and antonyms, you can expand your vocabulary and express contrasting ideas effectively.
Remember to consider all the possible meanings and nuances when using this word in your conversations or writing. So, next time you encounter a situation that requires thoughtful consideration, you’ll have a range of words at your disposal! English word Consider Meaning in other dictionaries.